This is my mother’s banana bread recipe. Bake it for a weekday breakfast. Bake it on a rainy Saturday. Bake it for your kids after school. Bake it for your friends, for your neighbors, or for a midnight snack for yourself. Whatever you do, just bake it. It’s THAT good.
BANANA BREAD RECIPE.
- one cup of mashed bananas (usually 2-3)
- one and a half cups of flour
- one-fourth teaspoon of salt
- one teaspoon of vanilla
- one and one-fourth cup of sugar
- half cup of butter
- one teaspoon of baking soda
- four tablespoons of sour cream
- two eggs
- preheat oven to three hundred and seventy five degrees.
- cream butter and sugar.
- add eggs, baking soda and sour cream.
- add bananas, flour, salt and vanilla.
- pour into buttered + floured loaf pan.
- optional: sprinkle nuts, coconut or granola on top.
- bake for thirty to forty minutes.